LEADERSHIP CRISIS IN PAKISTAN
Problems by Pakistan due to leadership crisis:
- Poor relationship with the foreign countries.
- Poor foreign policy
- Poor infrastructure
- Weak judicial system due to political interference
- Energy crisis
- Economic crisis
- Water crisis
- Terrorism extremism and sectarianism
- Poor civil military relationships
- Protests and sit-ins are occurring frequently due to non-seriousness of the politicians.
Causes of leadership crisis:
- Dynastic nature of political parties
- Non-functioning local government institutions.
- Lack of vision
- Preference of personal interest over national interest
- Lack of political will
- Corruption favouritism and nepotism
- Political instability
- Poor accountability
- Rigging in general elections
- Weak institutions have failed to produce good leaders
- Political victimizations
- Rapid military investment
- Uneducated electorate.
- Illiterate politicians
- Caste system
- Paralyzed condition of the Election Commission
- Political parties reliant on individual
- Undue influence on the media
- Devolution of political power to local government as local government institutions acts as nursery of political training.
- Graduation must be declared compulsory for contesting elections.
- Election commission should be empowered and strengthened. Educated people should participate in politics
- All the educated electorates should cast their votes in the process of selecting national leader.
- Judicial system should be empowered and independent.
- Promotion of accountability and transparency.
- Politicians should give preference to national interest over personal interest.
- Political parties should have intra-party elections to promote democratic spirit.
- Feudalism should be eliminated by introducing land reforms
- Favouritism and nepotism should be eliminated.
- Political issues should be solved through dialogue instead of using power.
- Media should create awareness among the general masses to play their role in bringing honest and visionary people in politics.
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way: John C Maxwell
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. Alexander the Great